Education Approval for Felons
- In cases of felony: A copy of the police affidavit, pre-sentence investigation report and final adjudication for all criminal charges. These are most often public court records that the applicant can obtain from his/her attorney or the Clerk of the Court.
- In cases of felony: Complete the Previous Felony Admission Clearance Form.
- A detailed written explanation describing the nature and specifics of the situation, and a narrative about the your status in relation to the situation at issue. This is your opportunity to tell us what happened in your own words, and explain what the status of this situation is now (e.g. are you on probation or parole, is the suspension current or expired, etc.).
- A written description of any treatment, education or work experience you have had since the situation at issue, and documentation of all treatment and education.
- At least one letter of reference from a professional source who has had frequent contact with you in the past three to six months (e.g., professor, supervisor, etc.). References from family members and friends do not qualify. (https://studentconduct.okstate.edu/clearance) 2019
- The applicant is denied admission clearance and the application will not be considered further. The applicant may appeal this decision.
- The applicant is granted outright admission clearance. The application will then be considered by Undergraduate Admission or the Graduate College for a final determination on the student's application, based on normal academic criteria.
- The applicant is granted provisional clearance with conditions. The most common conditions of admission in these situations are conduct probation and a determination that the applicant not be permitted to reside in on-campus housing, though conditions are often specifically tailored to the applicant and the presenting situation. The application will then be considered by Undergraduate Admission or the Graduate College for a final determination on the student's application, based on normal academic criteria. If the student is admitted and chooses to enroll, they will be required to comply with all conditions specified.
Source: Oklahoma State University Website
Oklahoma State University Website 2019