Felony Admissions Clearance
I decided this morning I would go to Oklahoma State University to retrieve all the records from my student conduct file. I wanted to know why it took so long to decide on my admission application when I previously applied. Student conduct had me complete a records request for all records.
I was disappointed to receive only the documentation I had sent them.
- 1. Resume
- 2. A letter confirming the program I created for families to stay in Suites at the Hotel I previously worked. Created so families could sleep before driving home after watching their children perform at the University at affordable rates. The program focused on scholarship students in the Music dept and orchestra but was available to all.
- 3. A personal reference letter from Communications Specialist Michelle Hockersmith.
- 4. A personal Reference letter from Lee Lacoume, a regular guest and OSU Alumni who also had a daughter going to OSU, and I had had the pleasure of working with when I was at the Hotel.
- 5. A printout verification that I was an elected member of the State Board of Directors for the Central Oklahoma Action Agency.
- 6. An Ad where I'm named in the OSU program.
- 7. A screenshot of the criminal justice page I have on social media.
- 8. I also included a reference letter from Amanda Peyrot the case Manager for Payne County at the time for COCAA
- 9. I also took the time and effort to go on pacer and print every writ, vacated judgment, and my final judgment and sentence.
- 10. I printed out my DOC Wrap sheet that is publicly available to anyone to find to expedite the process.
My last felony act occurred in 2006
My sentence was vacated in 2009
I applied to college at OSU in 2019 after a decade and completing an associate's degree.
I had a relationship with the school and the patrons.
I am Elected to a State Board of Directors of a non-profit and serve Payne County.
I was honest.
I had reference letters.
I had the grades
Whatever the reason, I applied to OSU 8/28/2019 and never received an answer, not by 9/25/2019, and in my opinion, my application would not be a tough decision.
The people were virtually non-responsive in the student conduct at OSU, and that is a shame considering the head of the Department has a background in Criminology
I applied to Langston on 9/25/2019 and admitted a week later on 10/01/2019, and as I recall, we were waiting on my transcript to arrive.
Should I have been given an opportunity? What am I doing today?
I have a 3.716 GPA, and I am a member of Pi Gamma Mu International Honor Society in Social Sciences, Alpha Phi Sigma Criminal Justice Honor Society, and Phi Theta Kappa International honor society.
I am a donor and hold a lifetime membership to the Langston University Alumni Association.
I am a donor and hold a lifetime membership to the National Association of Blacks in Criminal Justice.
I care about my community and others
I made some horrible life decisions in my past, and I can tell you about that horrific stuff, but I usually share things like that privately. I am not the worst thing I have ever done, and neither is anyone else.
I plan to go on and obtain my masters and teach criminal justice, and if it isn't possible yet, then I will keep working toward that because I have value.
Legislators, please contact me for anything you need or want to explore that I can offer perspective or ideas. I do not care about your party. I care about solutions.
We need to find a solution to this problem education should not be withheld because of a mistake, and studies show education reduces recidivism.